Purpose of the role
Key Account Manager is a role which main mission is to guaranty the better results for the revenue targets and sales KPI’s in the portfolio of accounts (agencies/corporate) under KAM responsibility.
To get the results KAM shall have a deeply knowledge of the products and commercial strategy. In addition, KAM shall know market environment, which includes competitors and accounts under his/her scope to offer the best proposal to generate value for the company aligned with the sales strategy.
- Define account development plans (ADP’s) for each account, which supports the achievement of strategic goals defined by the sales strategy. ADP’s shall include specific target by account and concrete actions to get them.
- Ensure the long-term profitability of the company´s engagement with the accounts, analyzing results and reacting with new measures to get the targets.
- Review account performance on a monthly basis, ensuring at least quarterly in person meetings with each corporate client
- On-going review of our accounts’ business, in order to detect potential opportunities
- Identify potential new business (leads)
- Understand the accounts’ needs and align those needs to the specific services and products offered by the company.
- Identify, generate and develop sales opportunities, building fully justified business cases for potential sales opportunities
- Keep company systems up to date with account information and opportunity progress as defined (Salesforce)
- Ensure implementation of agreed deals with assistance from the Sales Support team and Sales Planning (Contract creation, fare filing, fare testing, audit requirements). Be up to date with industry trends, market and competitor’s activities. Attend Trade/Business Fairs/Chamber of Commerce and Events subject to budget approval.
- Uses sales systems with full proficiency to support accounts acquisition (SalesForce, WWDS, RAS, etc.)
- Seeks out team building opportunities in order to communicate effectively and transfer information to Manager and colleagues.
- Reviews, implements, and practices all company policies.
Key Group internal relationships / interfaces
- Reports to Country Sales Manager
- Head quarter global Sales (MAD & LON), Sales Planning, Revenue Management, Network, Digital, Marketing and Ancillaries
Key external relationships / interfaces
- Small, Medium & Large Corporate
- TMC’s & Agencies
- Chamber of Commerce
- Professional Associations (Attorneys, Medical, Engineering, etc.)
Education, skills & experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Tourism
- Sales and communication skills
- Knowledge in distribution systems (GDS)
- Availability to travel
- Drive for results
- Fluency in Portuguese, English & Spanish (written and spoken)
- Good communication – verbal & written
- Computer office suite literacy
- Capability to expand network
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to make trade offs
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Capacity to work under minimum supervision
- Previous agency Sales experience (desirable)