Business Data Analyst
(m/f) | Lisbon / partially remote
VORTAL CARES… about the People! We are an equal opportunity employer. We look past ethnicity, age, gender, or other individual characteristics. You do not need to submit a photo with your application if you do not wish so. Our values and ethics are global, consistent, and enduring. This is how we do business: always with integrity and trustworthiness.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach us at [email protected]
VORTAL is a leading e-Sourcing and e-Procurement solutions provider connecting thousands of public and private buyers with an international community of qualified suppliers worldwide.
VORTAL has offices in Lisbon, Oporto, Frankfurt, Milan and Madrid.
We help our clients in their digital transformation journey, with our modular solutions and our extensive range of services. We help buyers achieving savings, digitalizing their processes and governing their spending, reducing risks and increasing transparency.
VORTAL’s global customer support and sales on the supplier side is led by our Business Network Team, which we are reinforcing. Delivering pioneer solutions and valuable services on top of open data, market intelligence and procurement interoperability, this unit has the mission to improve customer experience and help SMEs working with the public and private sector, nationally and internationally, increasing the number of business opportunities, improve competitiveness and maximize their commercial performance.
Our new Data & Quality Analyst will act as the gatekeeper of our very complex data, so stakeholders can understand it and use it to take strategic business decisions. Your mission is to produce insights about sales and usage, looking into our data, our competition’s and the market, considering trends and past history and anticipating business opportunities, with the ultimate goal of achieving a higher commercial efficacy.
To be successful in this role you should be comfortable with big data, database structures, analytics tools (Power BI) and translating ideas from the analysis of data. Market knowledge along with technological expertise is highly desirable as well as the ability to connect data with business outcomes. The ideal candidate will be able to navigate between the big picture and the details with speed and agility.
· Data storage, mining and cleansing;
· Organization of the data in interpretable formats, for business decision purposes;
· Perform data quality, integrity and protection controls;
· Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
· Work with the Executive Committee and other business leaders to identify opportunities for improvement
· Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity.
· Bachelor / Master in Mathematics, Information Management, Economics or equivalent.
Skills & Knowledge
· Advanced knowledge of tools like PowerBI and Excel (mandatory) and SQL (valued);
· Analytical mindset, being able to drive insights to answer business questions with data and visualizations;
· Detail obsessed;
· Collaborative but also able to work independently;
· Customer and solution-oriented and able to solve complex problems
· English (written and spoken) mandatory;
· Between 3 and 6 years of relevant work experience;
· Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst;
· Experience in Procurement;
Why join Vortal?
· Join an international and fast-growing business: we are present in 12 countries with an international team from
+10 different nationalities; English as official language;
· Competitive salary package: Salary, fringe benefits, working benefits and variable bonus according to results;
· Flexible schedules: we are goal-oriented, deliver results and be rewarded with responsibility and autonomy;
· The coolest corporate events: Albufeira, Mérida, Madrid, Torres Vedras and most recently…streaming live to our homes!
· Health insurance and several partnerships and discounts for all sorts of businesses (gyms, language schools, restaurants);
· Some fun data about us (March 2021):
o Seniority average: 4,8 years
o Training average satisfaction: 3,73 ou of 4 (last 3 years)
o Corporate events average satisfaction: 3,66 ou of 4 (last 3 years)
o Percentage of promoted people: 25% (last 3 years)
· “People Get People” referral program: we trust that our employees know our company well and know what’s best for all of us! If you know someone who works at VORTAL talk to them and you may both win; you a great job, and them a great thank you and a reward!
More about Vortal
VORTAL is rated by Gartner in the Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Suites, mentioned by Forrester and Spend Matters as a top player in the market and has been consecutively distinguished as one of “100 best companies to work in Portugal” in surveys carried out by Everis and Exame Magazine. Vortal is also distinguished with the “Excellency Index” by Neves de Almeida and Human Resources Portugal as “The Best Place to Work” in the IT, Telcom & Media sector.
Vortal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team.
Você tem que entrar na sua conta para poder candidatar-se a esta oferta.