We are GuestReady, a global short-term and vacation-rental management company! Our short-let services include everything ranging from creating a listing, to taking care of the guest communications, housekeeping, key management and price optimisation. Our mission is to leverage new technologies to unlock the full potential of real estate worldwide.
This individual will form a core part of the Finance team, and be responsible for the smooth running of the day-to-day finance processes and transactions in Lisbon and Porto. They will report directly to the Country Manager of Portugal. This role would be a great opportunity for a dynamic individual who wants hands-on experience within a finance function at an early stage of their career!
Finance Associate Job Duties:
- Responsible for the execution of the day-to-day finance processes for Portugal, working closely with the operations teams to ensure finance support for these teams is of the highest quality.
- Perform analyses and reports as requested by the Country Manager.
- Prepare and review the monthly management accounts for Portugal.
- Oversee VAT submissions and other tax/compliance requirements for Portugal.
- Responsible for assisting in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation (for SEF communication, Tourist Tax, VAT, invoices) and established best practices to monitor them.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and close process
- Reconcile Portugal bank account on a daily basis
- Submit and evaluate expense reimbursements
- Adhere to the company’s financial policies and procedures and suggest improvements
- Answer queries and provide finance assistance to stakeholders, including customers, colleagues and clients, as needed
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions
- Bachelor’s degree in Management/ Finance/ Economy/ Accountability/ Statistics/ Mathematics
- Part-qualified/Qualified accountant seeking a role in a fast-growing finance team
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a finance-related role
- Proficient in Excel and comfortable navigating cloud applications
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Detail oriented, with a strong focus on quality
- A proactive hands-on attitude
- Able to multitask, prioritise and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn and develop self
- Ability to work with the highest ethical and professional quality standards.
- Previous experience with Magnifinance would be a bonus
- An interest in start-up environment
- Opportunity to be mentored and gain exposure to an entrepreneurial business
- Great working environment within a fast-growing, tightly knitted team
- Growth potential and development as the business grows
- Challenging and diverse tasks which will let you grow day-by-day
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE. CANDIDATES ONLY TO APPLY DIRECTLY