We are currently looking for IT infrastructure consultants to participate in an IT service desk for our customers and internal users, and take part in infrastructure projects.
The consultants will be placed under the responsibility of the Head of IT. We expect applicants to have an easy contact with people, and a desire to develop their technical skills to ultimately cover as much as possible of the Oracle infrastructure stack: FS1 and ZS Storage, Network, Virtualization, Solaris and Linux, Database, Fusion Middleware, Engineered Systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The work will be carried out mostly at the company’s premises or occasionally on site at the customer premises.
Hereunder is a list of some of the activities/deliverables of an Infrastructure consultant:
- Handle the daytime level 1 and level 2 support for our customers and internal users;
- Participate in the 24/7 on call rotation for level 1 and level 2 support (one week every 3 weeks);
- Populate the knowledge base with relevant request resolution information;
- Escalate to level 3 and 4 support and follow-up the work and time spent;
- Provide feedback on the automation of tasks and other improvements;
- Participate in IT infrastructure projects for our global customers;
- Learn Oracle technologies and get certified at a rhythm of 2 Oracle certifications per year;
- Produce accurate and concise written documentation.
Required hard skills and experience:
- Some experience with Linux or Solaris systems administration;
- Knowledge of ITIL processes is mandatory, ITIL certifications are a plus;
- Experience with an ITSM tool is a plus.
Required soft skills:
- Ability to work and communicate in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Professional approach when dealing with customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills;
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stressful circumstances;
- High aptitude for learning and high degree of self-motivation;
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities;
- Fluency in English is mandatory. French or any other language is a plus.