Are you ready for a real challenge? CASAFARI is young but growing fast, which means you’ll get to help shape our future and revolutionise the real estate industry.
We’re looking for a passionate, proactive and pragmatic Product Data Scientist to join our team of 14+ nationalities. You’ll grow with us as we strive to fulfil our mission and vision: to bring transparency to the real estate market with the cleanest and most complete real estate database in the world.
Our end products are: a metasearch like Trivago or Skyscanner, a daily market data feed like Bloomberg Terminal, and we are currently building property market analytics with the most complete database updated in real time.
• Overseeing all stages of data acquisition (from the web with a crawler), parsing and processing
• Data quality – anomaly detection models and monitoring
You will work in one of these projects (depending on business priorities/ your background):
- Similarity Search: Duplicate listing detection (there can be up to 50 different listings per property with varying meta data).
- NLP: named entity recognition and information extraction such as types of the property, names of locations, status of property listings (from text and images), features of the property.
- Computer vision: object identification, image classification, duplicate detection.
- Outlier and error detection.
- Market analytics and property valuation model.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in quantative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
• 1-2 years’ of experience in Python (with pandas, numpy, etc.)
• At least 1-2 years’ of experience in quantitative analytics or data modeling
• Ability to query with SQL / MySQL
• Deep understanding of predictive modeling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms
• Familiarity with Big Data frameworks and visualization tools (Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Tableau)
• Experience with non-relational databases (MongoDB) is a plus
• Experience in a growth oriented & fast paced start-up
• Critical thinking and ability to express and present ideas
• Hard working attitude, high working performance, quick learner