Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
What’s the opportunity about?
To strengthen the Applied AI team, we are looking for a senior applied researcher with machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) experience to build, scale and maintain artificial intelligence (AI) services at Unbabel. You’ll be working closely with other AI researchers, software engineers, product managers, and data analysts in developing truly disruptive NLP products that are changing the way translation is done. The Applied AI team is responsible for the productization of the core AI platform and exploration of the new opportunities in NLP and AI.
You’ll help create understanding by…
- Conceiving, planning, and conducting applied research targeting to help address challenging problems in translation/localization domain
- Designing, implementing, evaluating and optimizing novel ML and NLP algorithms and models that lead to improved performance of Unbabel applications in real world scenarios
- Designing, prototyping and benchmarking algorithms that combine human & machine workers to train high quality ML models.
- Working on large-scale datasets and create scalable and accurate systems in versatile languages / application fields
- Suggesting, designing and building reusable tools to aid in rapid iteration and development.
- Having a lot of fun hanging out with and being a part of the Unbabel team!