Software Engineer, C# or Java
PVComplete is a fast growing solar software startup based in Oakland, California now opening a new office in Porto, Portugal. We make solar design software to accelerate the change to a renewable energy economy. At PVComplete, we are passionate about solar energy and seek team members who share our goal to change how the world’s energy is produced through innovative software solutions.
Our design and engineering platform is comprised of PVCAD (a solar extension for AutoCAD), PVSketch (a solar design web application) and several supporting APIs and microservices. These products work together to automate the conversion between sales and engineering, allowing solar companies to design and plan solar projects faster and more accurately. Our customers are solar companies around the world who use the PVComplete software platform to design solar projects from residential homes to large scale solar farms.
Building upon the success of our current products, PVCAD and PVSketch, we are increasing our technical team to help realize new, complex features in our software platform. The implementation of these features will include regular communication with mechanical engineers, data scientists, software engineers, and other team members. Consequently, we seek software engineers who are excited about solar energy and related engineering concepts, and are comfortable shipping production ready code.
Our team is made up of inspired, multidisciplinary industry veterans and researchers. The problems that we tackle are complex, and we work together closely to pool our expertise and generate innovation solutions. If you are looking for an opportunity to both contribute your technical knowledge, learn from California based colleagues and be part of the climate solution in the process, this role is for you.
● BS degree or higher in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
● 3-5 years professional experience developing and delivering commercial software
● Expert level skill in Java and/or C#, with experience in other backend programming languages
● Knowledge of object oriented programming best practices and the ability to realize them in Java and/or C#
● Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
● Knowledge of REST API best practices
● Experience developing Windows desktop applications, if C#
● Experience with the full software development life cycle
● Experience with Git and knowledge of version control principles
● Passionate about renewable energy technology and solutions to climate change
● Strong English language skills
● Eligible to work in the European Union
● Competitive Salary
● Flexible working hours
● New computer
● Opportunity for work travel to Bay Area, California
Você tem que entrar na sua conta para poder candidatar-se a esta oferta.