A fantastic opportunity to join Smith Micro Software, Inc., a NASDAQ company, that creates software products and services that simplify, secure, and enhance the mobile experience. We have offices in Aliso Viejo, Pittsburgh, Stockholm, Belgrade and Braga. The Braga engineering team is primarily focused in the development of family location and protection services technology that is already live in multiple countries around the globe with focus on the safety and protection of children, the elderly, and other family members requiring extra care. We also
have a graphics team at the Braga office that works in the development of world class graphics products.
To see more about what we do, visit www.smithmicro.com
We are looking for a User Experience & User Interface Designer with experience in the design of mobile and web applications.
The candidate should be capable of gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product and engineers. It’s important to have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to make independent decisions and implement creativity based on research findings.
He/she will join a highly skilled team that covers a broad range of disciplines – marketeers, designers, product managers and developers.
- Be part of a strong creative team designing ideas using various methods and latest technology.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how digital products function and look like.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements.
- Create prototypes for new product ideas.
- Test new ideas before implementing.
- Conduct an ongoing user research.
- Design and produce digital assets for different projects – web and mobile (both iOS and Android).
- Perform market feature research and benchmarking – on apps and websites.
- University degree in graphic and digital design or a related field.
- Must have at least 2-3 years of experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- Knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must have good understanding of visual communication.
- Knowledge of prototyping.
- Comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS capabilities.
- A real interest in digital trends, design and best practices.
- A fast learner, team player, flexible and open – that is able to take and give feedback constructively, working others views into his/her thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to discuss and explain design options.
- Detail oriented.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Well organised and meticulous on the management of design files.
- Good English speaking and writing skills is mandatory.
- Must provide online design portfolio.