As a Software Engineer, you’re part of the team that is building the software ecosystem supporting the latest revolution in Predictive Maintenance in the Automotive Industry.
There are multiple roles you can play in the Software Engineering team, but regardless of your role there are a few common points in all of them:
- Our day to day organization follows the principles of the Scrum methodology
- We use GIT as our version control system and rely on GitLab for Code Reviews and CI/CD
- Everyone is responsible for testing the code produced by the team, preferably in an automated way
- Whenever possible we rely on open source software to build our software
For better and more effective assignment of tasks, everyone in our team chooses a main and a secondary role. Think of the main role as the set of tasks that you’ll be attributed more often and where you’re expected to be, or become, an expert. In between, you get to contribute to tasks from your secondary role, almost like an hobby on the job.
Currently you can choose your main and secondary roles from a set of 4 different roles, defined by the following summary set of tasks:
- Participate in the UI/UX Design stage of new features and improvements, supporting our Product Designers
- Extend the UI Toolkit with custom features and components whenever necessary
- Participate in the specification of new features and improvements, supporting our Product Owner
- Implement and maintain core services with business logic, serving REST/JSON APIs implemented with .NET Core
- Make use our Elastic cluster to implement insightful analytics over the vehicle data we collect
- Define and optimize the usage of Elastic as the main technology for data storage and analytics
- Define and optimize the usage of Kafka for message queuing in the whole platform
- Design and implement the software architecture to support high availability and horizontal scalability
- Evangelize, create and maintain the necessary frameworks to support the automation of tests
- Build and maintain the CI/CD pipelines and automate the creation and bootstrap of new environments
- Contribute to ensure code quality standards by implementing static code analysis mechanisms
At the moment we’re focusing our recruitment on Software Engineers who want to choose Frontend or Platform as their main role, the more experienced the better. Still, if you’re thrilled about this opportunity or simply want to know more about Stratio, we’re happy to receive your application and talk with you.