Do you like challenges? Are you a creative and organized person? At LovelyStay we develop tailor made innovative tourism solutions, and we’re looking forward to expand our software development team.
We are looking for motivated web developers, that enjoy working with state of the art technologies and develop solutions from the ground-up. All our software was developed in-house, with full stack control.
We are recruiting for all levels of experience, we strongly value autonomous and quick learning skills, capability to work in teams in an organized way, and someone who can understand when to refactor and when to just improve something.
Main Purpose of the role
- Integrate our existing software develop team;
- Development of new functionality;
- Maintenance and improvement of existing code.
- Understand and actively contribute to the existing software architecture;
- Follow recommended software development best practices, from helping to clearly define the requirements, plan the development, implement, test, and re-iterate whenever needed;
- Maintain a desirable equilibrium between quality code and speed of development. Your code needs to be understood by all. You need to make sure you understand everybody’s code;
- Tests – whether you are a TDD enthusiast or not, you need to clearly understand the need for tests and have experience implementing them;
- Responsibility: your job does not end when you commit – you need to follow through to make sure all the changes and features added really fit the requirements, and adjust accordingly;
- Team work – experience leading teams is a plus, but not required. We strongly appreciate autonomous persons, but effective team work capabilities are a requirement.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Good programming skills;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Familiarity with version control systems (GIT)
- Fluent English (both written and spoken – we are an international team);
- Autonomous worker when needed, always a team member;
- Result oriented.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Downtown Lisbon, Portugal