Volkswagen Group Services – Portugal works in IT & Digital projects for the Volkswagen Group.
The project started two years ago with the purpose of providing application management services for several financial applications of Volkswagen Financial Services. We work in close cooperation, not only with the Company’s headquarters in Germany, but also with different subsidiaries of Volkswagen Financial Services worldwide.
As an Application support engineer, your focus will be on handling, analyzing and solving complex issues as well as providing a quality service to our customers.
- Work within a DevOps team focused on analyzing and solving technical issues;
- Support global business services delivery according to business expectations reflected in SLA, focusing on Incident, Service
- Requests, Problem, Change and Release Management processes
- Collaborating with engineers, program managers and partner teams to ensure proper support to applications
- Escalate applications related incidents towards application vendor and track status
- Scope and troubleshoot complex issues, managing the customer’s expectations and collaborating with others to meet client’s expectations in the shortest possible time;
- Help within the resolution of highly complex, technical and escalated support incidents in order to give support to customer development and deployments of ERP systems;
- Keeps track of application changes with version control and make sure that release management is kept
- Maintain a Knowledge Base
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field;
- At least 1 year of work experience;
- Experience in JAVA and PL/SQL;
- Knowledge in Versioning Control Systems such as GIT, SVN;
- Ability to debug application issues;
- Strong understanding of testing techniques;
- Customer focused and advanced problem-solving skills;
- Great communication and collaboration skills;
- Highly motivated and with a “get things done” attitude;
- Fluency in English.
Nice to have
- Professional experience in the banking sector.
- An opportunity for you to join an amazing atmosphere and to be a part of our local company culture, with the support of a solid international group;
- A very talented team, just as passionate and goal-oriented as you;
- Continuous training and career development;
- Competitive benefits package.