We are looking for a committed and detail-oriented personality who shares our enthusiasm for building a great product in the event management business, who loves challenging engineering tasks, who is highly proactive and has a pragmatic approach finding technical solutions. Are you ready for a new challenge in a leading Swiss EventTech start-up with global growth ambitions? Then apply now and become part of our mission!
What do we expect from you?
- You have previously worked as a software engineer in an agile scrum environment (3+ years)
- Ideally, you have previously worked with Vuetify and Firebase/Firestore technologies
- You are used to multicultural environments and discussing with engineers with very different opinions and backgrounds
- You have already worked remotely in a distributed team or part-time remotely and are comfortable with this setup
- You are very autonomous and are able to self organize your time to be productive and stay laser focused on your tasks
- You have good communication skills and are able to assert yourself successfully
- You quickly grasp complex situations and problems and can deal with them independently and in a solution-oriented manner
- You are keen on contributing to improve the overall product design quality and architecture
- You have an empathic and pragmatic approach in analysing business wishes
- You have very strong knowledge of English
- You enjoy active participation in a young team in a startup atmosphere
What is your job?
- You will take an active role in shaping our new product and rebuilding it from scratch with Firebase/Firestore technology at the core
- You will help us taking our new UI to the next level and develop it using Vue.js and Vuetify
- You will build cloud functions in Node.js to handle specific business use cases
- You will be part of evaluating the technical feasibility and high-level complexity of features
- You will regularly participate in backlog grooming activities with the development team, making sure that the items are estimated and ready for development
- You will take part in all scrum events and actively collaborate to bring in best practices and continuously improve our internal processes
- You will take an active role in ensuring the successful completion of release and sprint goals
- You will perform peer code reviews and coach other team members on the best practices
- You will make sure that your code is well designed and covered by unit tests
- You will take part in customer third-level support and bug fixing
What do we offer?
- Being part of a young and dynamic team and help reshaping the event technology industry
- Active role in a fast-growing startup with ambitious plans to grow internationally
- High level of freedom and self-management
- Opportunity to work with exciting state-of-the-art technologies
- Room to grow and improve yourself in an entrepreneurial environment
- Team building activities with the rest of the team held at different locations
Office Location: Porto