tau BBA , a leading Latin American Corporate and Investment bank, is looking for a Compliance Officer to join the team based in the company’s Lisbon office.
Itau BBA International is the EMEA platform of Banco Itaú BBA., Latin America’s largest corporate and investment bank and part of the Itaú Unibanco group which is one of the largest financial conglomerates in the world. The group has approximately 96,000 employees and operations in 20 countries throughout the Americas, Asia and Europe.
Itau BBA International offers wholesale, investment, and institutional treasury banking activities and services to institutional investors and clients. Our headquarters are in London with offices in Lisbon, Paris, Madrid and Frankfurt.Co
Operational Risk & Compliance performs a fully independent function, acting as a second line of defence, in order to ensure strict compliance with regulations, risk management oversight and sustainable growth
- Monitoring activities related to the Compliance function (e.g. Trade surveillance, communication surveillance, gifts and entertainment, KYC)
- Monitor and control the delivery of regulatory reports
- Perform tests related to operational and regulatory risks (e.g. Compliance Monitoring Programme, SOX)
- Assist in the process of correspondences with Regulators (register, response control)
- Assist in the Control Room activities (eg. management of restricted lists, Personal Account Dealing, Cross the wall procedures, staff classification, conflicts register)
- Assist in Operational Risk and Compliance projects.
- Prepare Management Information for Senior Management Committees.
- Follow up with the regulatory environment (Portugal)
- Assist in the management of Policies and Procedures.
- Development of Compliance operating manual procedures.
- Other Compliance and Operational risk activities, as directed by the Head of Operational Risk and Compliance area
Technical/Business skills & Knowledge required
1-2 years in financial services/ banking business (compliance, internal controls and operational risk preferred).
- The successful candidate should have the following essential skills / attributes:
- Integrity is essential
- Have an interest in pursuing a Compliance career
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build good working relationships and to regularly present information to the Senior Management in a clear, coherant and professional manner
- Highly motivated, result driven
- Strong attention to detal, analytics
- Pro-active and professional at all times
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Fluency in Portuguese and English, written and oral
NO AGENCIES PLEASE