We are currently looking for a Backend Software Engineer!
Are you driven and passionate about technology? Do you want to work with great technologies and on world class products? Then we have the right challenge for you!
Working with a team of talented engineers developing products and projects on different technologies that are shipped worldwide (iOS, Android, web single page apps, cloud based backend solutions), your primary focus will be the development of backend applications, with opportunites currently available in our SafePath product team.
We work in a relaxed and fun environment, and we offer great benefits and perks. Come meet us at the Braga office!
- Design, develop and test JEE based applications.
- Interact with customers to clarify and implement product intergration and customization requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Participate in code and design reviews of the engineering team.
- Develop unit tests, update and run test plans, and work on bug fixing.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Help ensure performance, scalability, quality and responsiveness of our products and customizations.
- Propose, evaluate, and implement the usage of new technologies and frameworks to maximize team efficiency.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- 2+ year of experience with Java and backend development.
- Solid understanding of the full backend development life cycle and associated patterns.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Good English speaking and writing skills.
- Experience developing J2EE based solutions.
- Experience with RESTful/SOAP web services development.
- Experience with DBRS Systems (MySQL is preferred).
- Experience using Java frameworks and APIs.
- Basic experience with Linux OS based distributions.
- Basic experience deploying and managing cloud managing cloud based environments (AWS is preferred)
- Basic experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies.
- Experience with Docker or other container based technology is a plus.