Global Technology company are recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in the area of Machine Learning to join their rapidly expanding and highly successful team based in Lisbon.
This Engineer will be experiences with machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) experience to build, scale and maintain artificial intelligence (AI) services within the company. You’ll be working closely with AI researchers, software engineers, product managers, and data analysts in developing truly disruptive NLP products that are changing the way translation is done. The Applied AI team is responsible for the productisation of the core AI platform and exploration of the new opportunities in NLP and AI.
- Design, plan, implement, test and analyze mission-critical production code in python and C++
- Profile, monitor and maintain AI tools and services
- Implement approaches and ideas to help address challenging problems in translation/localization domain
- Design algorithms that combine human & machine workers to train high quality ML models.
- Optimization of existing AI services and technical resources
- Support critical applications in production
- Build reusable tools to aid in rapid iteration and development.
- Help develop and maintain a data and computing infrastructure.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence major is preferred
- Solid foundation in Natural Language Processing
- Minimum of 5 years full time hands-on software engineering experience
- Minimum of 2 years in developing and promoting machine learning methods and best practices in production environment
- Hands on experience with various deep machine-learning techniques and toolkits
- Strong proficiency in python and C++
- Knowledge of MT toolkits (Marian, OpenNMT and the like) and NLP libraries and tools (NLTK, SpaCy, CoreNLP) will be a big plus
- Experience with agile software development
- Fluent English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation(mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food(fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday