We are looking for 10 engineers interested in work based on our Lisbon office. Someone passionate about people, business, data and bringing all three together. The ideal candidate has strong business acumen, a deep technical and analytical background, and earns trust by delivering results.
Are you a detail-oriented and inquisitive self-starter? Do you have the technical baseline, creativity, and hustle to remain focused, productive, and surpass expectations in a fast-moving environment? Do you want to make a big impact at a growing and profitable consulting company? Read on.
Who is SDG Group?
A global management consulting firm with a leading vision in the practices of Analytics, Business Intelligence and Big Data. Having become a centre of excellence in end-to-end assignments, we assist our clients to fill the gap between data, information and business actions to unlock and enable new ways to better manage their specific analytics requirements and improve decision making processes.
Gartner, in his Market Scope for Business Intelligence, includes SDG Group as a leading company in Western Europe since 2013, based on Presence & Geography, Projects, Capabilities, Innovation and Intellectual Property.
What you do as an SDG Group Consultant?
- Build and maintain positive relationships with client staff at all levels
- Work with customers to understand and capture business processes, decision requirements and BI needs
- Create detailed specifications documents based on client, industry, and SDG Group guidelines
- Define innovative analytical approaches and metrics strategy to uncover new insights and formulate recommendations that improve productivity and better understand the impacts of business initiatives
- Develop/document technical architecture, system design, performance test results and other technical aspects of solution implementation
- Understand required data, where it resides and their underlying structure to transform through SQL queries
- Build multi-dimensional data models and schemas per customer requirements
- Leverage tools in BI product stack to create compelling data visualizations and dashboards
- Communicate the results efficiently to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Transfer knowledge successfully to clients through formal presentations and informal training, in both business and/or technical questions
- Develop accurate project plans and manage client expectations regarding the delivery of products/services
- Manage tasks to execute project deliverables on time and according to plan, and accurately report progress, obstacles and successes throughout development milestones
For High-Potential Starters (entry-level):
- Bachelor/Master in a field that emphasizes data analysis and visualization (Computer Science, Information Management, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Statistics), or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of SQL (or similar language aimed at querying relational databases)
- Excellent follow-through, commitment and accountability
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, positive work ethic, sense of humour, and contributor to our fun work environment
- Adaptability; able to manage ambiguity and uncertainty
- Unyielding thirst for knowledge. Naturally curious
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy, ‘find a way to win’ attitude
- Portuguese and English speaking
- Travel Needed
For experienced consultants (previous points, plus…):
- Has 2-5 years’ experience working on a data focused team that is client facing
- Has strong knowledge of and experience with Business Intelligence software (Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, OBIEE, SAP Analytics, SAS, MicroStrategy)
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Has a unique talent for translating user requirements into actionable deliverables
- Demonstrates technical expertise regarding data models and database design development