Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises.
Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success.
As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation.
Be Sage, build on.
The primary purpose of this role is to create, nurture and pursue business relationships with prospective and/or existing customers/partners ensuring the closure of NCA business deals to meet profit and commission targets, on an individual and team basis and thus directly contributing to the long-term growth of the Sage SMB business.
Within the market assigned the job holder will be responsible for driving sales and building effective partnerships with customers and partners as well as with internal teams including Customer Service, product management, marketing professionals and other sales teams.
Job holder will drive sales cycle in direct and/or with business partners. It is expected that the job holder will help customers put together a dynamic software solution that will deliver a high-impact business outcome whilst providing an Extraordinary Customer Experience.
This role is to be based in Oporto and Center of Portugal.
- Develop strong and sustainable relationships with relevant executive level influencers at the customers’ and partners organizations to achieve total account and territory revenue growth.
- Manage own NCA pipeline and negotiate to close the sale of software solutions and appropriate services to clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers internally and externally and share developments and market insights with all stakeholders.
- Carry out effective meetings and ensure full visibility and utilisation of the sales toolkits within the customers’ business (Business plan, ROI tools, battle cards, product roadmaps, white papers, referral sites etc.).
- Maintain and develop close working relationships with customers by undertaking a combination of field based, social influence and telephone/Skype/Webex managed communication and engagements.
- Report effectively and accurately all pipeline, appointments, win/loss analysis, sales plans and forecast to the Sales Manager/Head of Sales, and ensure the achievement of monthly / quarterly targets.
- Maintain and enhance product knowledge, in order to be recognized as an expert and an ambassador for the Sage brand.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders in order that both internal and external relationships are managed to the highest standard of professionalism.
- Undertake effective sales presentations to demonstrate the benefits software solutions can bring to customers.
- Understand market requirements to establish, maintain and enhance customer relationships. Clearly link customer business requirements to product capability and customer usage/value.
- Prepare and complete Request for Proposal / Information requests to ensure a compelling response.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong experience in IT solutions selling position or connected activities.
- Business degree or related professional qualification or equivalent.
- Ability to manage own workload and deliver to set targets and provide accurate information and reports.
- Experience of using appropriate software solutions within a medium -large organization is desirable.
- Strong understanding of ERP/ HCM / Finance software (as appropriate to the role) within a Small&medium business sized industry.
- Sound verbal and written English communication skills.
- Practice social selling as a key skill.
- Full clean driving license.