Working in development cooperation for more than 30 years, the Association of Development Aid from People to People (ADPP) Guinea-Bissau has a proven track record in implementing carefully planned and organized projects that reach a large number of beneficiaries. ADPP is leading a consortium that is submitting a proposal for a 5-year, EU funded agriculture and energy program (Pro-GB) that focuses on rice production in several mangrove regions in Guinea-Bissau. ADPP is looking for a Program Manager with experience in agriculture production. This position requires the management of a multidisciplinary team and periodic reporting to the donor on project progress. This position is based in Guinea-Bissau and offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Main role and responsibilities
- General coordination of the project team;
- Responsible for strategic management and execution of activities;
- Planning and overall follow-up of implementation;
- Identification of short-term technical assistance needs;
- Relationship with coordinators of other components and other entities;
- Representation with the contracting authority and in the piloting / follow-up committees;
- Responsible for submitting periodic reports.
Required experience and skills
- At least 13 years of general experience; 8 years in the coordination / management of rural development programs of increasing volume and in similar contexts;
- Academic training (master’s degree) in agronomy, economics or areas related to agriculture production, value-chain development, etc.;
- Proven experience in management of multidisciplinary teams;
- Fluency in Portuguese.
Preferred experience and skills
- Knowledge of French or English;
- Prior experience in rice production and/or mangrove rice;
- Knowledge of the rural and institutional context of Guinea Bissau;
- Prior experience working on EU funded projects;
- Knowledge of the mechanisms / functioning of EU instruments.