We are leaders in the development and manufacture of products based on carbon, graphite, carbon fibers, and fiber-reinforced composites. With our in-depth material, engineering, and application know-how, we make a substantial contribution to the major future topics mobility, energy, and digitization. In partnership with our customers, we develop intelligent, trendsetting, and sustainable solutions with a clear benefit. We call them ”smart solutions”. SGL Carbon has 4200 employees and 32 production locations in Europe, North America and Asia as well as a service network in over 100 countries.
SGL Business Services is located at Lavradio/Lisbon and is offering an exciting opportunity as a Cost Accounting Specialist (m/f).
- Responsible for all accounting work necessary to insure intercompany invoices within SGL Carbon are processed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Verify services, invoice terms, tax regulations;
- Ensure that invoices are coded to the correct general ledger codes;
- Contribute to the monthly closing processes and procedures;
- Responsible for internal cost allocations and recurring entries;
- Maintain customer records and material master data;
- Ensure correct allocation (budget and actual) per cost center, profit center, orders, projects;
- Analysis/reporting (monthly/quarterly and year end);
- Prepare accurate Product Costing (budgets and actual);
- Support all stock taking procedures (across different locations in Europe);
- Close interaction with Shared Service Center in Germany;
- Work to drive process improvements in other accounting operation functions as assigned;
- Collaboration with global Production Sites and Corporate Functions.
- 2 or 3 years of working experience in Finance or Shared Service Center;
- Knowledge in SAP module CO; other modules (FI, SD, MM, etc.) are a plus;
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Ability to interact with employees and customers (internally and externally) in a professional manner;
- Fluent in English is a must; second or third language in particular German is a plus;
- Moreover skills in French, Spanish, Italian, Polish and Mandarin are highly welcome;
- Open-minded for new IT applications.
Our commitment to delivering smart solutions offers you diverse opportunities to take responsibility and shape the future. Our core values are convincing through performance, being open-minded and creating momentum. For you, this means exciting topics, challenging tasks, competent support, and fair compensation. To apply for this position, please send your Resume with Cover Letter in English.