We are leaders in the development and manufacture of products based on carbon, graphite, carbon fibers, and fiber-reinforced composites. With our in-depth material, engineering, and application know-how, we make a substantial contribution to the major future topics mobility, energy, and digitization. In partnership with our customers, we develop intelligent, trendsetting, and sustainable solutions with a clear benefit. We call them ”smart solutions”. SGL Carbon has 4200 employees and 32 production locations in Europe, North America and Asia as well as a service network in over 100 countries.
SGL Business Services is located at Lavradio/Lisbon and is offering an exciting opportunity as a Lead Buyer Direct Spend CFM (m/f).
- Responsible to manage suppliers in his/her area of responsibility/categories
- Develops strategies for categories and serves as subject-matter expert on key categories of goods and services
- Develops and executes action plans to meet targets for cost, quality, and delivery
- Negotiates prices, terms, and conditions of agreements and executes agreements with suppliers
- Evaluates industry trends to determine potential impacts and initiates actions to ensure continuity of supply chain
- Develops domestic and international long-term relationships with suppliers
- Manages purchases of goods and services for sites and completes transactions for purchasing in SAP
- Serves as interface between sites and suppliers to ensure prompt resolution of issues (delivery, quality, etc.)
- Researches discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders and approves invoices for accounts payable
- Conducts TCO bid analysis and negotiates beneficial agreements
- Tracks performance of closed contracts; validates local contracts (if applicable: obtains certificates of liability insurance for projects).
- Ensures compliance with all applicable policies, such as standards for safety, environmental compliance, as well as applicable legislation
- Provides coaching and leadership, ensuring the development of necessary skills in a team based environment
- Creates and maintains Master Data in SAP
- Technical or commercial bachelor (e.g. Material Sciences, Economics,)
- Business acumen and analytical/strategic/ conceptual thinking
- Problem solving skills, creativity and analytical skills to evaluate alternative purchase options
- Strong negotiation skills; Good proficiency in project management
- Excellent proficiency in SAP BW + MM and MS Office; Strong in customer service focus and technical attitude
- Fluent in English and preferable in German; Leadership skills in an intercultural context
- 5 years of experience in purchasing material’s planning, logistics or sales in an international environment
Our commitment to delivering smart solutions offers you diverse opportunities to take responsibility and shape the future. Our core values are convincing through performance, being open-minded and creating momentum. For you, this means exciting topics, challenging tasks, competent support, and fair compensation. To apply for this position, please send your Resume with Cover Letter in English.