We’re looking for a new member to join to our team:
- English native speaker and fluent in Spanish, French, Italian or Portuguese or native speaker Spanish, French, Italian or Portuguese and fluent in English.
- Sufficient knowledge of a local European dialect (e. g. Catalan, Basque, Galician, etc.) is a plus.
- European driver’s licence and proficient driving experience of at least 3 years.
- Must have experience in a European country’s geography, and driving laws.
- Knowledge of cartography or geography (or further geo-sciences) with related work experience in a GIS environment of choice.
- Researching and analysing geographic data, perform linguistic source data review and provide feedback on geographic data and correcting addressing source data.
- Recommend cartographic improvements based on local market’s preferences.
- Database experience (knowledge of scripting would be a plus).
- Able to produce consistent work in high quality and quantity on a daily basis.
- Ability to make decisions in the moment and resolve customer-reported issues in accordance with policy.
- Follows exceptional troubleshooting methodology: both procedural and technical. Demonstrates resourcefulness, attention to detail, sound judgement ability and flexibility.
- Working with large public/commercial datasets would be a plus.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Prior experience in Maps data curation is desirable.
- Gather data through research, provide feedback on process and tools. Run evaluation tools, ensure data integrity, collect ground truth data to allow for analysis. Analyse and validate data content and assemble new content from various sources, including databases, files/spreadsheets, and websites. Identify and report issues and trends regarding policy, system, tools, and training opportunities.
- Participate in special projects and pilots. Provide support in User Acceptance Testing and other support tasks. Establish connections with local construction companies, government institutions which may help to keep map up to date Support production with naming questions and questions requiring local knowledge.
- Career development;
- Attractive remuneration;
- International working environment;
- Excellent working conditions.
Send us your resume, with reference GIS Porto.