- develop a test strategy based on the project requirements and schedule;
- design, develop and execute test cases using project specifications;
- report defects found in testing diligently, promptly and accurately using standard defect tracking tools;
- report test progress against schedules;
- provide a test summary report that reflects the quality attributes of the software under test;
- communicate with development, project management and customer stakeholders where necessary;
- perform both new functionality and regression tests;
- perform Manual and Automated testing, as needed, for the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
Requirements and Professional Qualifications:
- two or more years of software testing experience in a professional software development environment;
- strong experience and skill with software test tools, including defect tracking software;
- strong analytical, problem solving and judgment skills;
- knowledge of client-server, stand-alone, java-based software development;
- prior programming experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.