Our client is a leader in banking and financial services that can offer you an exciting and truly global career. Is one of the euro zone’s leading banks, strongly positioned in its two core businesses – Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking – and present worldwide.
- Handle alerts investigated by the Level B1 in accordance with policies and procedures. Level B2, which is under Compliance’s responsibility, will make a decision either to release, reject / block or escalate to the third level of the framework based on the investigation and supporting documents prepared by Level B1. In case of incomplete file, the B2 looks for additional information on the alert or throws it back to B1
- Ensure a follow-up on the alerts that have been assigned and ensure the treatment with respect of the cut-off time if possible and alert its management if any alert will not be closed in due time
- In case of doubt on the decision, seek guidance to his / her manager or senior Compliance officer and report any issue (technical, process, etc.)
- Communicate to the onshore team all cases where local action is required (escalation, rejection, throw back) and follow-up if there is any question on the decision that has been taken
- Keep updated on developments on sanctions, embargoes and related KYC / AML / CFT / Sanctions laws and regulations and exchange with onshore teams (Compliance B2, back office and B1, GFS, etc.)
- English fluency and French or Dutch.
- Experience in banking industry in the area of Financial Sanctions and AML alert analysis process and related issues (either in Operations / Back Office or in Compliance)
- A good understanding of corporate banking and trade finance operational processes and flows (overall payments activities, securities and cash)
Good communication skills (capacity to explain decisions)
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations