Main Purpose of the Role
The Roaming Engineer is to be integrated within the Technology group, responsible for constantly monitoring and managing Truphone’s roaming base and quality whilst expanding roaming service capabilities and roaming footprint.
The Roaming engineer role works closely with the Wholesale team and network operators in order to negotiate new roaming agreements test and launch services.
This specialist technical role is pivotal in enabling Truphone’s roaming strategy in addition to core services. Focusing on rapid enablement of services with Network Operators enables Truphone to achieve higher cost-savings globally.
- Manage Truphone’s roaming footprint while expanding roaming service capabilities and roaming solutions (e.g. ISR, bilateral agreements), by working closely with the Wholesale team and roaming partners in order to deploy new roaming services;
- Execute and document roaming tests in accordance with GSMA regulations and requirements: IR.24 for Voice and Short Message testing, IR.35 for GPRS testing and IR.60 for Pre-paid testing and IR.50 2G /2,5G /3G roaming testing, and IR.38 LTE Roaming requirements (including LTE TADIG certification);
- Support and analyse IREG and TADIG problems;
- Identify root-causes and troubleshooting of voice, SMS, and data services, recommend and implement solutions. Creating and maintaining data records, liaising with cross-functional departments and with International Roaming partners;
- Implement roaming data changes to internal network nodes due to IREG testing configurations or IR.21 Updates;
- Ensure that the roaming test schedule is followed and completed as planned. Driving, monitoring and tracking weekly delivery against targets to ensure consistent and on-target delivery;
- Pro-actively manage Truphone roaming footprint to ensure optimal quality, as well as alignment with our Wholesale team for cost optimizations.
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong IREG troubleshooting background to ensure consistent delivery of targets, TADIG expertise with thorough understanding and knowledge of cost-impacts of failure.
- Ensure that partner technical documentation (e.g. IR.21s) is translated accurately into Truphone’s systems to maintain seamless technical roaming capability.
- Demonstrable ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritise.
- Detail conscious and highly organised.
- Experience of working with work order & trouble ticketing systems e.g. Salesforce, JIRA, etc.
- Experience with signalling analysis tools (Wireshark, Astellia).