Main Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to undertake monitoring of network elements and services from various technologies: Voice Switching Networks, Business Support Systems, Transmission backbone and IP Infrastructure.
This role will be integrated in the Service Care Signalling, Voice & Roaming team within the Technology Operations group, acting as first tier support.
The Front Office Engineer will aim to improve and keep high levels of service availability.
This technical role requires a transversal expertise of the entire Truphone architecture. Both from GSM and BSS perspective.
- First level support of failures on platforms/services, following established procedures, aiming to provide a fix whenever possible;
- Log, assess, categorise and prioritise new Problems;
- Escalation of Problems to the appropriate support teams (internal/external);
- Technical crisis management, war room activation and closure.
- Track issues to ensure that the proper availability levels are achieved for all technologies and services, using network monitoring and management tools.
- Address internal/external support requests raised via the agreed processes and interfaces.
Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge on mobile networks architecture and protocols (2G/3G/4G).
- High degree of technical knowledge in networking, spanning voice, data and IT technologies with troubleshooting skills for GSM Core Elements (IN, HLR, SMSC, GGSN).
- Working experience with the following protocols: MAP, CAMEL, SIP, ISUP, SIGTRAN; MGCP, MEGACO, DIAMETER.
- IP networks troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to manage incidents involving complex networks, services and systems
- Knowledge of MySQL, Mongo, PostgreSQL, Oracle or MS SQL databases;
- VOIP and TDM technologies;
- Wireshark troubleshooting/analyser tool;
- Nagios/NRPE; Cacti; SIP PBX; Asterisk; Teoco.