Pod is partnering with an exciting furniture brand that has been refreshed by 2 amazing people that decided to give the brand a new life.
They are now looking for a Manufacturing Manager, this role exists to take brand’s capabilities from a small 3 person team that manages external suppliers to a major team of 20-30 people manufacturing upholstered furniture internally, while managing the local supply chain. Longer term, there is potential for this person to grow into the role of end to end Supply Chain Leader. This role will be based in their manufacturing site in Porto Area, Portugal.
- This role is responsible for upholstery from order placement through to shipment from Porto onwards, mainly made to order.
- Owns the annual budget and contributes to annual growth plans
- Recruitment, selection and development of the local manufacturing workshop of experienced upholsterers
- Management of the production schedule to deliver manufacturing on time
- Management of the facility and infrastructure required for manufacturing activities
- Development of manufacturing process in line with the business expectations
- Supplier selection and management
- Ensuring quality of product – eye of the customer
- Ensuring regular communication with head office (London)
- Setting key metrics and performance indicators and monitoring.
- Encourage a continuous improvements mentality across the workshop
- Regular travel to head office for management meetings
- Ideally, experience in managing an upholstered furniture workshop within a small business but at least experience of managing a made to order crafted product manufacturing process that involves skilled hand assembly
- Experience in building and developing a team
- Strong project management experience
- Experience in scheduling production
- Has been responsible for sourcing and management of raw materials
- Fluent Portuguese and English language skills
- Experience with spreadsheets and scheduling systems
If you think this is the perfect timing please apply now or call Filipa Frazao on 0203 627 2420.