To join our Group Strategic Planning & Control Team, in Maia, we are currently looking for a:
- Economist / Corporate Intelligence (M/F)
- Analyse, generate insights and communicate economic themes, developments and events that affect economies, markets, and firms.
- Carry out independent economic research, analysis, modelling and forecasts using advanced statistical and econometric techniques.
- Monitoring global trends and disruptive forces across industries and markets and proactively sharing knowledge/insights throughout the organization.
- Prepare and spread knowledge within the organization utilizing a variety of communication vehicles such as publications, electronic media and through events adding value to the decision-making process.
- Contribute to all other initiatives and outputs of the Group Strategy Planning and Control Department as well as supporting top management and business units.
- Solid academic background: Graduate, ideally with a post-graduate qualification or equivalent in Economics.
- Previous experience (2-3 years) in economic research (e.g. banking, research institutions or public sector).
- First class communicator – both strong verbally and orally – and able to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders with ease.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools. Statistical and econometric software is a plus.
- Ability to balance multiple assignments effectively and meet strict deadlines.
- Proficiency in English is a mandatory factor; knowledge of other languages is a valued factor.