Join our Fashion Designer Internship!
We’re looking for a self-starter to join our team of creatives. This person will learn and develop skills to maximize a specific classification and implement the supervisor’s direction in all aspects of the design process, from initial concept stage to presentation, to development and execution of the final product.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Work under direction of the Product Development Director to create viable products.
- Develop concepts and produce Moodboards according to seasonal trends
- Learn the production process from A – Z
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions, researching the market and develop concepts.
- Develop new lines of design and proposals according to customer´s request
- Create Tech Pack and Size Specifications Measurement Sheets
- Follow Sampling, from Proto to Shipment Samples
- Develop style-board creation specific to marketing and product plan needs.
Skills to be Developed:
- Ability to visualize, conceptualize and imagine marketable & commercial products
- Exceptional brainstorming and creative conceptual abilities
- Understanding of sewing, pattern making, print methods, and construction.
- Ability to design to vendor capabilities, manufacturing limitations and development costs
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, propose ideas and bring them to life.
- Ability to develop product within cost targets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education
- Ability to act as liaison between many departments: excellent communication and analytic skills.
- Must be detail oriented, computer literate and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw)