Cross Border Talents is recruiting a L2 Network Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Lisbon, Portugal.
Your Role as a L2 Network Engineer:
- Participate in Problem Management processes that have engineering and/or architectural elements.
- Resolve operational issues escalated from Tier 1 and ensure documentation and training occurs to ensure Tier 2 resolution on the next occurrence.
- Provide technical solutions in the implementation, management, administration and troubleshooting of the Customers Network across multiple global data centers.
Your Profile as a L2 Network Engineer:
- Bachelor degree in engineering or Information technology or equivalent
- Significant industry experience of typically 2-4 years plus experience with networking hardware platforms such as routers
- Avaiability to work on shifts:
- Monday to Friday: 4:30pm – 2:00am
- Saturday, Sunday, bank holidays: 8:30am – 6:00pm or 4:30pm – 2:00am
- Knowledge in ITIL process and policies ( ITIL V3 certification is a plus)
- Good knowledge of the OSI model and TCP/IP Protocol Suite.
- 2 years plus of routing and switching experience such as hands-on experience with OSPF, BGP and STP
- Proficient in understanding security fundamentals and secure networks.
- Heavy focus on ACL Handling, Security and F5 administration which includes but not limited to Checkpoint Smart Center,Console,Defence and Workflow. Checkpoint CLI experience, HTTP/HTTPS, reverse proxy, SSL offloading, KPI
- CCNA is a must.
- Packet tracing and Wireshark skills is a big plus.
- Should be proficient in understanding and implementing Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Hands on knowledge required in upgrading network devices ( Life Cycle Management)
- Routinely provide constructive feedback for improvement opportunities.
- Identify repeating incidents and drive an initiative to curb the recurrence.
- Well versed in LACP,VPC,HSRP,VRRP concepts.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Demonstrate an attitude foreseeing work delivered accurately and within SLA timeframes.
- High level of confidence and competence communicating on bridge calls.
Cross Border Talents’ Client Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Our Client invests in their Employees’ careers through training, certifications, etc.
- Medical insurance: Multicare for yourself and immediate dependants
- Shift allowances as per FETESE on the top of CTC for working in night shift + extra allowances for weekend work
Interested? Press that Apply button! 🙂
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2018, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.