Cross Border Talents is recruiting a L3 Network Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Lisbon, Portugal.
Your Role as a L3 Network Engineer:
- Provide technical solutions in the implementation, management, administration and troubleshooting of the Customers Network across multiple global data centers.
- Participate in Problem Management processes that have engineering and/or architectural elements.
- Resolve operational issues escalated from Tier 2 and ensure documentation and training occurs to ensure Tier 2 resolution at the next occurence.
- Provide high level troubleshooting for the following (but not limited to)
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- Checkpoint and Cisco ASA platforms
- Perform or participate in complex maintenance or deployment activities.
- Communicate with peers and managers regarding system issues & participate in 24×7 on-call.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
Your Profile as a L3 Network Engineer:
- Bachelor degree in engineering or Information technology or equivalent.
- Have significant industry experience of typically 5+ years plus experience with networking hardware platforms such as routers, switches and firewalls
- Have strong hands on experience in the area of LAN/Security infrastrucure design,deployement,implementation and troublehsooting.
- Avaiability to work on shifts:
- Monday to Friday: 4:30pm – 2:00am
- Saturday, Sunday, bank holidays: 8:30am – 6:00pm or 4:30pm – 2:00am
- Knowledge in ITIL process and policies ( ITIL V3 certification is a plus)
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP stack and its internals as well as related troubleshooting tools (connectivity verification, packet capture etc.)
- Ability to perform TCP/IP Network traces/packet captures with solid experience interpreting results.
- Proven practical experience in networking technologies to support medium to large scale complex network operations.
- A solid understanding of security fundamentals and secure networks and preferably worked in a Multi
- Vendor environment like Cisco, Aruba and F5 technologies.
- Technology certifications, such as Cisco CCNP-RS/DC, Checkpoint CCSA & CCSE.
- Experience with Nexus switches and F5 is a strong plus.
- Strong Knowledge of Routing Protocols( BGP, OSPF)
- Monitoring tools – SevOne and Spectrum.
- A strong understanding with L4-L7 protocols and proficient in ADC ( Application Delivery Controllers ); specfically F5.
- Extensive experience with technologies such as Cisco / Juniper HSRP/VRRP, VRF, VPC,LACP, Fabric Path ISIS technolgies.
- Execute and analyze packet captures using Netscout, Wireshark and other related technologies.
- Strong understanding of application communication methodologies.
- Strong Unix/Linux administration & troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Security on large-scale network that includes ACLs, Firewalls is mandatory.
- Natural Customer service oriented with excellent delegation and follow up skills to ensure tasks are tracked and completed in due time.
- Good team player and collaboration.
- Assertive and possess the flexibility to orient him/herself to the demands of the business.
- Ability to function effectively in a quality conscious, process driven and extremely productivity driven organization
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Demonstrate an attitude foreseeing work delivered accurately and within SLA timeframes.
- High level of confidence and competence communicating on bridge calls.
- Should be able to drive network projects independently.
- Continuous learner, excellent communicator, works well in team environment, appreciates challenge, comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving;
- Understanding of Data Center architectures, experience in planning, design or implementation of Data Center infrastructure.
Cross Border Talents’ Client Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Our Client invests in their Employees’ careers through training, certifications, etc.
- Medical insurance: Multicare for yourself and immediate dependants
- Shift allowances as per FETESE on the top of CTC for working in night shift + extra allowances for weekend work
Interested? Press that Apply button! 🙂
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2018, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.