We are currently hiring a smart and dynamic professional for our Professional Services team EMEA. You will be located at our offices in Lisbon, but will be working at the customer’s site abroad most of your time (in Europe).
As a Functional Banking & Finance Consultant with strong expertise in the banking field, you will take responsibility for all the domain aspects of our customer projects during the software implementation and interfacing cycle. You will be responsible for the analysis of the customer’s requirements, the translation into (functional) specifications, the functional conception of the system, as well as the evaluation and follow-up of the implementation.
- You will participate in implementation projects by providing functional expertise through specialized workshops on regulatory reporting, banking and financial products
- You will contribute to pre-sales and marketing activities such as product demonstration, RFI, RFP as well as address business and regulatory issues raised during meetings
- You will be working on a project-based implementation at the client’s site, you will assist the customer in defining and analysing his requirements, translate the client’s requirements into functional specifications, implement and test our solutions and assure a constant follow-up and evaluation of the situation
- You will play an advisory role towards our clients. You will use your knowledge and expertise trough the different projects by advising on our standard and/or customized solutions
- You will be the first contact point of the customer for functional related (content) questions
- Implementation of the product will be done by following implementation methodology. You will report to the project manager of the project you are allocated to
- You will be responsible for the quality of the functional part of the implementation, including the implementation work done by yourself and other consultants
- You will work closely together with the end user and give trainings in order to guarantee a smooth handover of the implemented software modules
- You will deliver input to your project manager regarding all project related items for your area (e.g. planning, progress, deliverables, risk & issues, …)
- You will participate in status meetings where you will report on progress made.
Qualifications and Skillset
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Economics, Business Engineering with a specialization in Banking and Finance
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas is an asset:
- Risk: Basel III, Fund Transfer Pricing (FTP), Economic Capital, Liquidity Risk, …
- Trading Ledger, Sub Ledger
- Management Information System (MIS): profitability, RAROC, …
- Compliance: Dodd-Frank
- IAS/IFRS (IASB, IFRS 7, IFRS 9, multi-GAAP, hedge accounting, amortised cost)
- Demonstrable experience in a client-facing role
- Affinity with or interest in software (implementation) projects; database and SQL knowledge is desirable
- Fluency in English and Portuguese (written and oral), good knowledge of Spanish is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel and work on international projects.
- Excellent team player, customer minded with good communication and presentation skills
- Focused on finding solutions
- Ability to learn fast and work autonomously in an international environment
- Adaptable to change and at ease in a quickly evolving context
- Obsessed by quality and passionate about his/her work
- Committed to accuracy and completeness
We offer you a full-time position in a team-based, international, leading financial organization. Within Wolters Kluwer Financial Services, you will find straightforward communication, a fast-paced work environment and challenging projects. Your know-how will be rewarded with interesting career opportunities and a competitive salary package.
Interested? Please send your application.