The function of this position is to support the Financial Director in data analysis, improving and developing corporate management information systems and processing the end-to-end Portuguese accounting processes accurately, ensuring compliance and continuously looking to improve both profitability and efficiency of day-to-day operations and work processes, that will support the accounting activities.
It is vital that this hands on Accountant already based in Lisbon, (preferably near our office) builds and maintains close links with the UK based Head Office, therefore strong spoken English will be essential.
This is a full-time role, you do not have to be a certified Accountant but strong thorough knowledge of statutory accounting and cost accounting is required. This role would suit someone who is looking to ‘step up’ into a senior accounting role
- On a daily basis receive, analyse and check primary documents related to specific accounting areas and prepare documents for further processing
- Verify calculations, check/allocate or correct codes, check or obtain correct authorisation and obtain information for incorrect or incomplete documents
- Management accounting from A to Z, including year-end closing and possible external audits.
- Management and Budget reporting according to the reporting guidelines of the group and other forms of financial project reporting.
- Drawing up financial projections and contribute to the management of exchange risks.
- Assistance with the invoicing to the client and credit management.
- Coordination of the intra-group invoicing.
- Standard BS, P&L and GL output; VAT declarations; Timely submission of yearly tax declaration
- Work together with our sales team to prepare commercial proposals for new clients
- Opening and management of local bank accounts and reconciliation of accounts
- Assisting in the follow-up of bank guarantees.
- Adherence and management of the local compliance (corporate law, social law, tax etc.).
- Administrative follow-up of relevant insurance policies.
- System report writing, design experience and knowledge would be advantageous but not essential.
- Portuguese – mother tongue, English – fluent
- 5-7 years of experience in Portuguese accounting
- Experience in using MS Office and ERP Software
- Flexible, independent and have a sense of initiative and strong business skills.
- Displaying a broad interest in general financial follow-up, with a thorough knowledge of statutory accounting and cost accounting.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor degree in Tax and Accountancy
To apply please forward your CV.
CLOSING DATE 30th June 2018