We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test will join at an exciting time of growth within the organization and thus this is an excel to join our expanding IT team. The successful candidate will be a key contributor, bringing new and innovative ideas to the company’s growing automation portfolio while working within a continuous integration agile development environment.
The Senior Software Engineer in Test will join at an exciting time of growth within the organization and thus this is an excellent opportunity to build upon your professional skill set and put your own stamp on the role.
The successful candidate will be given the chance to expand their programming skills by developing internal REST API’s for automation services using industry standard solutions such as Spring MVC, Jersey as well as getting direct experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies via Hibernate.
- Creation of new automated frameworks while maintaining existing ones
- Working with remote teams
- Working with development and manual QA teams to identify and plug any automation gaps
- Working with developers to integrate automated tests with end/to/end build (CI) environments
- Working with developers to prioritize defects
- Constantly looking to improve existing frameworks and methodologies.
- Recommend solutions to technical issues and own the solution from architecture to code development
- Drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness
- Mentor existing and new automation engineers on best practices
- Carry out stringent code reviews
- Develop fellow automation engineer’s skill sets by showcasing new technologies and patterns
- Proactively seek ways to incorporate new / creative ideals and methodologies in testing efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools.
- Review software requirements documentation
- Be accountable for quality and schedule of own deliverables
- Effectively prioritize & manage tasks
- Provide accurate and precise estimates, along with risk levels and foreseeable dependencies
- The ability to work within a team and to make a valuable contribution
- Generate statistics/reports for quality metrics and risk identification
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Previous experience working with remote teams
- People and team management experience
- Previous experience mentoring junior team members
- Excellent track record (3+ years) relevant experience working in a QA Automation role
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- In-depth knowledge of Java, Groovy, Ruby or other Object Orientated Programming languages
- Solid Knowledge of Hibernate, Spring or JPA technology
- Knowledge of RetroFit
- Solid experience using Junit or TestNG
- Knowledge and understanding of Web UI structure and development
- In-depth exposure to mobile web and app testing
- In-depth exposure to REST API’s
- Solid experience automating web UI tests using tools like Selenium/WebDriver etc.
- Experience automating REST API’s using tools like Jaxb etc.
- Solid experience with source control tools such as GIT, Stash, Perforce, SVN
- Excellent working knowledge of JSON and XML
- Solid Understanding of WebServices (XML, WSDL, SOAP)
- Experience using bug tracking tools such as Jira, Bugzilla etc
- Experience creating documentation using tools such as Confluence, MediaWiki etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in cross-functional project teams
- Experience with various browser tools (HTTPWatch, HTTPFox, Charles, Tamper)
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate the willingness to learn and to grow within the role
- Solid understanding and experience in manual testing
- Experience in working in a RAD/Agile development environment (specifically Scrum / Kanban)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
Desirable Skill Qualifications:
- Exposure to Spring MVC
- Experience working in a CI environment is desired
- A knowledge of mobile automation testing
- Linux/Unix/OSX and Windows OS experience