We are looking for Management Accountants to join our banking client Lisbon team in charge of the analytical accounting controls on a scope that covers several subsidiaries.
The Management Accountant will work in dedicated systems which provide financial controllers and finance reporting teams with monthly profitability indicators to monitor the overall activity of the bank.
As a Management Accountant, your main activities are to:
Perform analytical accounting controls:
- Ensure daily and monthly controls on management data and its allocation
- Perform controls between general accounting data and analytical accounting data
- Identify actions to resolve identified discrepancies
- Monthly end closure operations
- Monitor the accounting quality and identify anomalies, performing analysis of discrepancies and unexpected results, and rooting to the relevant stakeholders according to the issue typology;
- Document data quality checks and provide KPIs/ Dashboards of production flows to the Management and to the Clients;
- Report the findings of the operated controls through comments with conclusions on the risk and indicators;
- Follow up on external and internal audit recommendations; facilitate the elaboration of action plans
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes (controls, restitution and synthesis)
- Provide first and second level of support to end-users
- Master’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or Business Management or other relevant education;
- Previous experience in Accounting or Cost Controlling activities;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
- Rigorous and organized
- Interpersonal and customer orientation skills
- Pro-active behaviour regarding the ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Ability to simplify complex information in a clearly organized and visually interesting manner
- Strong analytical mind, problem solving, planning & organisation skills
If you believe this could be the right challenge for you, send an English version of your CV.