Forcom is a software vendor and a leading provider of IT solutions designed for large retail chains. Our solutions form an integrated environment for modern store chains, including cash register systems, back office systems, CRM and loyalty systems, electronic payment services, big data, mobile solutions for employees and store customers, and many more. We are focused on continuous cooperation with clients in the development of supplied solutions, as well as introducing innovations, which provides the users of our solutions with a competitive advantage.
Our systems generate more than 3 billion receipts and support over one billion card payments annually. We are currently starting a project at one of the largest retailers in Portugal, therefore we are establishing the team in Lisbon, whose task will be to support the localization and implementation of our solutions. Ultimately, this team will take over tasks related to the ongoing communication with the client in the scope of development of our solutions, as well as the execution of implementations and provision of a higher-level support.
As an Operational Support Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Taking part in solutions localization for the Portuguese market (legal, language, customer specific)
- Current communication with our customers
- Final tests of the solutions
- Taking part in pilot installations
- Managing roll-out
- Providing second level support for customers
- Training customer’s service staff and HQ users
- Creating documentation for customers, help-desk and on-site service technicians
Required qualifications and skills:
- Practical experience with computer hardware
- Good knowledge on installing and supporting Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of SQL
- Fair knowledge of LAN and WAN issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team Player with pleasant personality and good communication skills
- Strong will to learn and progress
- Strong customer and service orientation
- Fluency in English, written and spoken (mandatory)
- Some degree of national and international traveling may be required
- The training period will include a few 1-3 weeks trainings in Poland
Additional advantage will be:
- Experience with retail specific hardware (receipt printers, scales, portable terminals, etc.)
- Knowledge of retail specifics and processes
- Knowledge of Oracle database
- Knowledge of Spanish
What we offer:
- Joining a strong and stable company.
- Real career opportunity – you will join our local subsidiary at the moment of its creation. Your role in it and in our international operations for this customer and new customers gained in Portugal depends on you.
- Possibility of gaining a wide IT knowledge – we create mobile, desktop and web solutions using various technologies and tools.
- Participation in creating and implementing innovative solutions.
- Salary package according to the function and achievements.