We are searching for an application Maintenance & Support specialist to start as soon as possible. The selected person for this job vacancy will be:
- Responsible for the continuous running of software applications for retail chains and hospitality;
- Involved in the development of control and monitoring software and occasionally in the development of software tools and scripts that will help in maintenance;
- Improving production environments, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of this product implementation;
- Making typical work activities and responsibilities of the Software Maintenance and Support Engineer.
Considering other responsibilities and tasks that vary from incident to incident, the Software Maintenance and Support Engineer may also typically be involved in:
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures, and methods;
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to software faults;
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting breakdown problems;
- Fitting new custom development code and making sure software is working correctly;
- Liaising with client departments, customers, other suppliers, and other engineering and production colleagues;
- Controlling maintenance tools, scripts, software applications and environments;
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs and contract execution;
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs;
- Improving production environments’ security and reliability policies and procedures;
- Working with specialist equipment and software – as geeky as it gets;
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines;
- Actively contribute to influence and evolve the software product roadmap;
- Actively contribute to customer satisfaction and positive perception of return of investment.
Desirably, the selected person will have to:
Be knowledgeable in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Azure, Active Directory
- Web Application troubleshooting
Be able to communicate in Portuguese and in English (speaking, writing, and good communication skills).
The job offer includes a fixed income according to the selected person’s experience, continuous professional learning and the possibility of professional progression within the company. The selected person will also be integrated in a firm project.