Founded in 2012, Salon Ultimate is an innovative all-in-one hybrid point of sale software platform for independent and enterprise salons and spas. We are looking for a strong technical manager to provide leadership and technical guidance for our development team and projects. The ideal candidate has a proven software development background with experience in the successful delivery of high quality software as service (SaaS) and managing development teams to success . The candidate should be highly technical, detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence as well as sound project management expertise.
- Manage the development and deployment of software in support of the product roadmap, concentrating on technical definition, scoping, development, testing, and production implementation.
- Work closely with business owners, architects, developers, and project managers in the design, development, and delivery of new software products and new versions of existing products that meet quality standards, budgets, and timelines.
- Manage engineering resource, project schedule, deliverables, communicate status and identify project risks to Management.
- Implement and refine Development processes and supporting tools to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Investigate new software technologies and drive new software development initiatives, delivering technology demos and concept implementations.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and motivate a high performing team. Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for staff members.
- Other management and technical functions as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 5+ years people management experience
- Proven experience in delivering enterprise class, production quality, highly available & highly scalable software or services.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Ability to broadly influence and collaborate with a broad set of business, engineering and operation functions.
- Ability to discuss, present, document and provide architectural and technical guidance to a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Excellent leadership, people management, communication and documentation skills.
- Strong written and spoken English