Founded in 2012, Salon Ultimate is an innovative all-in-one hybrid point of sale software platform for independent and enterprise salons and spas. We are looking for deta with a passion for tech, entrepreneurial ambition, and most importantly, deep sales experience. We are looking for a Project Manager who can help lead a number of development projects. We need someone with expertise in this area who can thrive managing multiple projects and working with a global team to drive improvements. We are looking for someone who enjoys building and figuring out the best way to do things and to be able to communicate and work with the rest of the team to achieve this.
The project manager keeps track of the budget, schedule and scope of the project and communicates project status to all stakeholders. Additionally, the Project Manager ensures the project teams are working on the correct tasks and have everything needed to complete the work.
- Provide leadership and direction to deliver multiple projects on time and at the required level of business quality.
- Responsible for detailed planning of projects and the creation and management of project plans, schedules, and major milestones, and manages the agreed project user stories and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, time, and quality parameters.
- Act as the point of escalation for risks, issues and obstacles raised by project teams, ensuring action items are clearly defined, assigned to owners and driven to resolution in a timely manner.
- Adapting project scope, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Authors and owns the project management plan and product roadmap and develops project work effort estimates
- Deliver Weekly project updates to stakeholders. Create and maintain the project level work plan with key milestones. Report status to the business team on a timely basis. Identify and communicate risks, delays, and staffing issues to appropriate individuals. Support all project management standards and best practices. Suggest and support process improvement efforts.
- Help write and break-down stories to the right size for sprint completion.
- Own the software release process – planning, schedule, resources and release notes documentation.
- Own the weekly sprint process with development team, ensure all tasks are assigned and clear goals are aligned. Manage devops issues that arise and coordinate within the weekly sprint process.
- Prepare high level goals for weekly sprint process and what will be delivered during the week end demos with stakeholders.
- 3+ years of relevant project manager experience
- BS degree (or equivalent work experience) in Information Technology (IT), Business, education, or related discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels and work in a team atmosphere.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the project management areas of competency, procedures, and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project life cycle processes.
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile methodology
- Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum or PMI is a plus but not required.