Primary Purpose of Role:
The PACS Resident Field Engineer will work with Carestream’s Healthcare Information Systems (HCIS) Incident Support team which provides post-installation remote and on-site technical support to Customers using HCIS solutions.
The PACS Resident Field Engineer will provide full technical support to the Carestream solution; the PACS Resident Field Engineer will work on the customer premises.
This includes, but is not limited to Installations, maintenance, repair, customer training and other associated activities at customer’s premises.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Expand and enlarge hospital multimedia archive (VNA) environment in order to successfully manage different departments outside radiology
- Identify stakeholders in other departments, outside radiology, to establish a cooperative interaction finalized to VNA integration and expansion in all the medical imagining departments.
- Interactions with different hospital departments to understand workflows and help to design the solution in order to fit the customer needs.
- Provide technical assistance for other support and sales specialists
- Provide vital link in the escalation process to Carestream’s Central Incident Support, maintaining problem ownership
- Update technically documentation concerning sites
- Work with Project Managers to implement customer bought solutions
- A commitment to a remote 24×7 support on rota is expected
- Drive cost efficiency through proactive routine remote maintenance and monitoring
- Set the highest standards for customer communication and documentation/paperwork
- Actively adhere to Carestream’s Working Practices and Health & Safety guidelines
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position’s function.
Min. Education and Field of Study:
- Qualified electrical/Electronics engineer or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of x-ray equipment, computers, networks
- Minimum Years of Experience:
- Over 1 year Field service experience in a customer facing role
- Experience of PACS health products. Understanding of DICOM & HL7 messaging
- Experience of Oracle or SQL databases
- Experience of Unix and Windows based operating systems
- Working knowledge of network architecture and products
- Experience of remote support software
- Practical experience of delivering training to Customers or other engineers
- Language skills: Native Portuguese. Fluent English. Spanish is a plus
- Customer & Business focused
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships and negotiate at a senior level.
- Ability to develop technically as the products develop
- Able to produce precise reports as necessary
- Enthusiastic and strong sense of team spirit.
- Good organisation skills.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Microsoft Certification
- Previous experience of working within the Healthcare IT industry
It is 2 years contract role (with the possibility to be extended for 2 more years).
Carestream operates an equal opportunity policy.