CARMA is looking for an experienced Managing Director to control and oversee all business operations, a team of approximately 20 people and be responsible for the overall success of our Portuguese & North Africa business.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic leader, capable to leading sales, marketing business development, client services and operations. Must have a strong understanding of the Portuguese media market plus technology, information services and knowledge of media monitoring and analysis.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies to attain the strategic goals of the CEO.
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities.
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Read all submitted reports by lower rank managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Proven experience as Managing Director or other managerial position in the media monitoring and analysis industry or related field.
- Preference given to those who worked in the media intelligence industry.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance.
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/M/MBA will be preferred.