Our Client is a leader in banking and financial services that can offer you an exciting and truly global career
The Labour Law Counsel will directly be working with the Head of HR in Portugal to provide legal assistance in a day-to-day work.
The position exists for an expert in labour law, with experience in banking activity.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the first point of contact in HR for employees. Respond to and resolve queries across the full spectrum of HR activities;
- Where appropriate, seek assistance from other areas of HR, maintaining ownership of simple queries to resolution and handing off complex queries efficiently;
- Process HR transactions (eg. joiners, leavers, absence, maternity) using a range of HR systems, including Peoplesoft, as efficiently as possible;
- Manage people-related risk by applying policies and following processes consistently, escalating and obtaining the appropriate sign-off for exceptions;
- Responsible for the maintenance of employee data integrity on key systems such as PeopleSoft, SPEAR, 3rd party applications management and in electronic employee files;
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the full range of HR policies and processes in order to deal with employee queries;
- Support the continuous improvement of HR Connect by identifying policy, process and system improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English (incl. business language)
- A commitment to excellent customer service demonstrated through excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong client focus
- Planning and organizational and problem solving skills
- The ability to work on several tasks concurrently, and respond to customer queries and transactions within tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and quality awareness. Able to identify potential risks, existing issues and to resolve problems promptly, escalating as appropriate
- A team player, flexible and able to work across the full range of HR processes. Keen to collaborate with HR colleagues to deliver exceptional service
- Professional at all times; handles client and personnel data with discretion
- Existing awareness of employee relations matters and HR operational processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications and HR systems (preferably Peoplesoft).
- Previous inhouse HR Connect/ shared service experience with extensive knowledge of HR processes.
If you believe you have the suitable skills for this position, please send your English CV.