Initially based in our Irish headquarters and travelling from time to time to other company sites including Viana do Castelo, the candidate will support and develop new IT tools for the Group aligned with its objective of being the market leader in the use of the latest IT technologies.
The person occupying this role will be based in Viana do Castelo after a 1-2 year period.
The candidate will support the Group with all aspects of the IT, including software or hardware upgrade, planning, organising and reporting on IT requirements and solving IT issues in a very busy and demanding manufacturing environment.
- Develop, recommend and monitor strategic information technology policies and plans for the organization;
- Research, develop, manage and establish new IT tools in partnership with the company departments;
- Improve the quality of IT services;
- Ensure the operation of IT infrastructures, ensure the proper functioning of client / server environments.
- Offer technical support to users.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all departments, colleagues and build effective working relationships while taking ownership and responsibility for designated projects;
- Work to strict deadlines, with excellent problem-solving skills, if issues or difficulties occur within design and/or construction process.
- Self-motivated and meticulous, the candidate must also have the ability to prioritize his/her workload effectively;
- Possess excellent and proven organizations, planning and time management skills, a flexible approach and the ability to work on her/his own initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent);
- Previous minimum experience of 2 years in similar functions, preferably in the industry sector;
- Programming experience (excluding criteria);
- Server administration experience (Windows and/or Linux):
- A good command of English is required, as it is the working language of the company;
- Demonstrated technical skills and ability to think methodically, plan and manage projects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential as well as being highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Conditions offered
- Full time employment contracts; paid accommodation; return flights home every 3 weeks.