We are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to join the Credit Risk team in our Lisbon Hub.
Credit Risk performs a fully independent function, acting as a second line of defence, in order to ensure strict compliance with regulations, risk management oversight and sustainable growth.
- Monitoring and Controling the credit risk limits on a daily basis, sending reports in line with Credit Risk Framework, Regulatory and Business requirements.
- Managing the Credit Risk regulatory requirements in terms of reports and controls are fully understood and adherent to;
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) regarding the regulatory requirements and their deadlines.
- Analysing, managing and reporting risk metrics, in accordance with Credit Risk Appetite, Early Warning Indicators and Credit Stress Tests analysis.
- Acting in accordance with the Credit Policy and implementing its methods to monitor and control the Credit Risks;
- Assisting in the annual review and development of Credit Risk policies and adjusting the regulatory requirements with the Holding’s policies. The policy should to be a working document which reflects the practices and methods for Credit Risk management.
- Leading, preparing and organizing the Credit Risk processes align with procedures manual in order to support the operational processes on a daily basis. Ensuring that the models’ assumptions are aligned with the risk policies.
- Performing tasks and making decisions in connection with other areas of the Bank (Treasury, Front Office, IT, Finance, Operations and Holding), namely in the development of reports, methodologies and analysis of Credit Risk.
- Lead communicating to Senior management and the Board, ensuring full understanding of Credit Risk position within the organization and making a strong and an effective escalation process.
- Coordinate products analysis process in terms of Counterparty Credit Risk and operational practises;
- Performing and presenting the regular updates to RALCO (Risk, Asset and Liability Committee) according to a broad range of Credit Risk issues, specifically policy development, risk frameworks and management actions.
- Preparing all relevant info packs and dashboards for RALCO, Board Meetings or any other forum where Credit Risk assessments are required according and aligned with CRO advice on risk strategy.
- Preparing, organising and developing effective training sessions to disseminate the Bank’s Risk Appetite and Risk Frameworks throughout the organization ensuring that it is fully understood.
Experience and Skills required
- 5+ Experience in Financial Industry
- Analytical & detail oriented
- Degree in Finance / Economics / Management / Statistics
- Comparable experience
- Superior degree
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical, solutions & detail oriented
- Good presentation skills and ability to provide training to all levels
- Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure; able to stay abreast of changing regulatory rules and procedures in a developing industry.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point