Our Client is a leader in banking and financial services that can offer you an exciting and truly global career
The Labour Law Counsel will directly be working with the Head of HR in Portugal to provide legal assistance in a day-to-day work.
The position exists for an expert in labour law, with experience in banking activity.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide legal support to HR team related to Portuguese labour work matters;
- Review and draft labour contracts and all legal documentation applied in HR department;
- Rendering effective legal assistance in the preparation of legal opinions, studies, reports and correspondence as required from time to time;
- Follow up regular meetings with Employees Representative Commission (Comissão de Trabalhadores) and Banking Trade Unions;
- Accompany HR Business Partners in individual meetings with employees, when necessary;
- Representing the Bank in a litigation processes, if necessary.
- University degree in Portuguese Law Degree;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Portuguese Labour Law (mandatory);
- Experience in banking activity (is a plus);
- Strong communication skills are required, with an excellent level of written communication;
- Fluent in English is mandatory;
- Ability to obtain results when conflicting interests are at play, achieving targeted outcomes;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Sense of confidenciality;
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude, being driven by results and high performance;
- Excellent work ethic and strong Culture fit with HR (collaborative spirit, interest in people issues, sense of confidentiality)
- Is able to advise on matters related to labour law and on litigation cases;
- Good interpersonal skills to work with internal and external clients/providers;
- Developed MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
If you believe you have the suitable skills for this position, please send your English CV.