Infor is actively recruiting a Project Manager to join our team in Iberia (Portugal). The successful candidate will be based from any of our Portuguese’s offices (Lisbon / Porto) and will deliver Infor ERP implementation projects throughout Portugal and the rest of EMEA.
The Project Manager will need to understand customer project objectives and take ownership of Infor contractual requirements defined in the Statement of Work. He or she will manage resources assigned to fulfill those requirements using Infor’s implementation methodology, lead implementation planning, control project plan and overall execution, develop positive relationships with all customer project stakeholders creating a high level of customer satisfaction, and help the customer realize expected benefits.
- Ensures that billable projects remain on schedule and within budget
- Ensures projects are completed according to agree upon plan. Maintains project financial and project profitability, to include resource scheduling, revenue forecasting per project, billing reconciliations, expense report and time approval for project work, etc
- Remains aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate any risks.
- Monitors project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members. Assigns / delegates work assignments to project team members
- Prepares project status reports on project progress and problems
- Maintain positive professional demeanor
- Manages approximately two million in revenue annually
- 70% Coordinates and monitors billable projects from initiation through delivery
- 30% serve as liaison between the company and client to ensure all targets and requirements are met
- Assist management with evaluation and development of a project plan
- Keeps appropriate people informed of project progress, complete weekly Project Status Reports, Bi-Weekly dashboard reports, participate in weekly PM meetings and communicate appropriately with Executive Sponsor / department leadership through written and verbal communication
- Disseminates information on any problems or potential delays in a timely manner
- Assist where applicable in pre-sales engagements.
- Pursue incremental revenue through presenting and offering relevant services under Infor Organization.
Responsibilities by Project Phase
- Initiating and planning a project.
- Establish Infor and Customer alignment to the project Statement of Work.
- Identify any areas of scope and/or responsibilities that are not clearly defined in the Statement of Work and agree on a resolution with the customer prior to completing the Project Plan.
- Identify project stakeholders and establish the communication plan.
- Establish Infor’s methodology work breakdown structure with the customer.
- Establish project roles and responsibilities with customer.
- Align project requirements to resource competencies and establish the team.
- Build project plan together with project team (MS Project).
- Schedule the project.
- Establish cost control plan and allocate the project budget.
Executing a project
- Lead the customer and Infor project teams to achieve project scope
- Manage the project schedule
- Manage customer expectations throughout the project
- Manage project quality assurance activities
- Develop required change requests
- Manage all Infor resources, including third party subcontractors, which will include writing peer reviews upon completion of project for each resource. Includes addressing any performance, delivery expectations, coaching to Infor and/or client expectations. Escalate any personnel issues to upper management in a timely fashion
Monitor and Control
- Track project status and communicate status to both customer and Infor organizations
- Manage project change control procedures and update project baseline as required
- Communicate project related organizational changes to the customer
- Monitor and control the project budget
- Monitor quality of project deliverables
- Monitor project risks and communicate status of risk plans
Closing a project
- Obtain final project acceptance
- Transition all project deliverables to Global Support and/or Managed Services
- Survey project stakeholders and analyze results
- Provide feedback to Infor resources and execute procedure to release team
- Formally close project according to Infor procedures
- Preferred Portuguese native, full working proficiency in Spanish and English.
- College Graduate w/ 4 yrs. degree – Business, computer science, process engineering preferred
- Proven experience of delivering software projects, (between 1 and 5 years) ideally within the ERP space but other backgrounds considered
- Prior experience working with, and/or coordinating the efforts of multiple parties (e.g. third parties or clients)
- Certification as a PMP from PMI or equivalent (Desirable)
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly-changing environment, working with complex projects and handling demanding customers.
- Possess a high degree of project planning, organizational skills, and systems integration expertise
- MS Office skills including MS Project
- Possess knowledge of the market to which they are assigned, including: industry, trends, the applicability of Infor products within the target market, and key competitors.
- Proven ability to effectively work with key client project team members along with setting appropriate project expectations
- Ability to travel nationally, regionally, and internationally as required – estimated 60% – 75%