Could you be interested in for a company who’s sole focus is saving and protecting lives? From creating hospitals in countries in crisis, to setting up medical centres set up in disaster zones within hours. Our client would like someone to join their ever expanding team to lead a fulfilment centre, through a finance; operations; quality and commercial teams.
My client is looking for a General Manager, to manage the Distribution Centres in Europe that include France, third party suppliers in Germany and other locations in Europe as required.
Additional responsibilities will be to grow the business in the Maritime sector – including commercial maritime and cruise – as well as fulfilling the orders generated according to agreed service levels. Located in London for the first 12-18 months. The position is then likely to relocate to Portugal.
- Leading a team of finance, operations, quality and commercial individuals, who will run the day-to-day business.
first 100 days: Understand the business, engage internally and externally. Plan an execute sales and B.D strategy.
- Focussed on B.D/Sales growth agenda.
- Key stakeholder engagement and management.
- Responsible for the P&L and the Balance Sheet Europe; Prepare budget, forecast, monthly and quarterly business review and monthly dashboards. Manage accounts receivable, Inventory and Working Capital targets.
- Ensure compliance with all Country and pharmaceutical regulations including maintenance and continuous improvements of manufacturing and wholesale practices in line with ISO, GDP practices.
- Medical Supplies (Pharma/Devices) and Maritime.
- Must be commercially minded.
- Strong understanding of P&L, balance sheets, team management and stakeholder management.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain, Life Sciences industry, GDP/GMP, hazard materials, cold chain.
- Previous experience of working in the EU.
- Fluency in English, Portuguese and French.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up an infrastructure/activity from start.
- Excellent communication skills.