The Junior Software Engineer in the Platform Group is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious engineer to join our expanding R&D team in a hands-on development role in Lisbon area. Responsible for the backend solutions and variety of R&D initiatives for the company’s award-winning web application suite.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Progress your ability and skills to develop efficient, reusable and performant code.
- Help with feature implementation per designs produced by the immediate team members or in cooperation with the Architecture team.
- Conduct research and Proof of Concepts on emerging technologies.
- Provide effort estimations for the individual assignments.
- Participate in code reviews and design workshops.
- Work as part of a cross functional agile development team.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least theoretical knowledge of OOA, OOD principles and multi-threading.
- Awareness of common patterns in distributed systems, e.g. REST, SOA, SaaS, Web APIs.
- 1+ years of experience in design and development of web applications and services is a plus.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies will be a great help.
Your personal traits:
- Result oriented and focused on successful delivery.
- Good communicator with both technical and non-technical subjects.
- Demonstrates strong sense of ownership, enthusiasm for technology and initiative.
- Natural team player.
- Interested in building career in the fast-paced and growing team environment.