Randstad Professionals is the business line of Randstad Group focused on specialized recruitment of the middle & top management profiles.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Check out about Nokia in: https://youtu.be/RgJSnJlv3NU
The role of RAN Design/Transmission Engineer, working with the European Project Delivery Center based in Portugal/Amadora, is to technically manage NPO projects, support PMs to ensure quality & on-time deliverables, directly interface with final customers, and provide high capabilities to solve complex NPO issues. Candidates must have solid leadership skills to manage different stakeholders, strong communication capabilities and high motivation to continuously deepen technical skills.
NPO scope includes:
- Network Design, Traffic Modelling & Capacity Dimensioning;
- Connectivity Design of Controllers and Base Stations; Databuild
- Transmission (SDH/DWDM/MW) planning
- IP connectivity planning
- Configuration of RAN Feature & Parameters
- Organizing field measurements, laboratory tests, and features implementation
- Network Audits
- Performs critical (sometimes escalated) design and performance activities in customer projects independently. These may include complex problem solving in projects with performance requirements and multi-vendor environment.
- May lead a project team with responsibility to create plans and delegate tasks to team members
- Provide technical consulting services to customers
- Link customer requests/needs to the services and service development (solution consultant primary interface)
- Suggests and execute improvements to the related processes, methods and tools
- Actively shares key learnings and project documentation within own technical community
Candidate should hold a Master’s degree in Telecom / Electrotechnical Engineering, and have strong experience in the area of Mobile Network Design.
Candidates must have in-depth knowledge and experience in one or several of the following areas:
- LTE Network Architecture Design
- WCDMA Network Architecture Design
- GSM Network Architecture Design
- MW Transmission Design and configuration, Capacity planning, network interface analysis
Candidates must have experience in at least 2 technology areas with advanced skill level or in one technology area with world-class skill level.
Candidates must have good knowledge of Nokia Mobile products, Nokia NPO portfolio and tools
Candidates with the following skills will be preferred:
- Multivendor experience
- Certification in IP protocols
- Good knowledge of excel based (VBA) Macros, Scripts (eg: Perl, SQL)
Languages: Excellent proficiency in Portuguese and English. Proficiency in other languages will be an advantage (from the list agreed to the EPDC: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Portuguese);
- Proven track record from working with customers
- Proven ability to take initiative and use consultative skills to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to identify opportunities for automation of repetitive tasks and take up with respective teams to ensure implementation.
- Experience in people leadership e.g. in project technical management
- Ability to communicate effectively and connect with colleagues, clients and partners
- Confident, coachable and enthusiastic team player who thrives in a competitive environment
- Is a strong contributor to competence transfer by coaching and community activities
- Self-driven and able to work independently in a fast-moving company
- Highly analytical, hypothesis-driven, data-supported approach to problem solving
- Determined and result-oriented
- Organized, multi tasker, quick learner
- Experience in remote team work
- Capability to travel (up to 25% of time), mainly in Europ