Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry. Inspired by the exciting new challenges associated with this revolution, Faurecia anticipates the future of mobility developing cutting-edge solutions for smart life on board and sustainable mobility. If you’re willing to contribute and create value for tomorrow’s cleaner and smarter mobility, Faurecia is the place to be.
IT at Faurecia is a key player in our ongoing strategic transformation into a “Digital Enterprise.” IT also plays a major role in guaranteeing the service and support that ensures our business succeeds in our fast moving world.
Each day, IT teams are tackling critical challenges to help build Faurecia’s competitive advantage throughout Digital Transformation. Examples include developing mobile apps, harnessing and applying Big Data, engaging in predictive analysis, leveraging the cloud and contributing to Faurecia’s cultural shift to become a digitally advanced company. IT also plays a lead role in ensuring continuous optimization and cybersecurity of our company processes.
Our Group Information Systemis looking for a WAN Specialist to be based in São João da Madeira (Portugal)
The WAN specialist is part of the WAN Competency Center.
The Main Missions Of The Role Are
- Definition and deployment of global WAN standards
- Qualification, analysis, resolution and management of WAN incidents. Analysis and follow-up of network traffic and network performance
- Optimize and maintain QoS performance across the WAN (identify, characterize and define the applications, configuration tracking, …)
- Work closely with global telco operators and service providers to optimise service processes and procedures both technically and financially, to continuously improve support processes, to design new solutions
- Support sites in managing WAN services / Provide L3 Support (incl. training and support documentation e.g. monitoring tools, installation of HW, troubleshooting, …); optimize internal processes
- Dashboard follow-up and evolution, optimize monthly reporting
- Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring tools (Netflow, mrtg, cacti, …)
- Qualification of new application before Go-live
- Minimum 3 years in the WAN area or a related field
Skills and competencies
- Excellent knowledge of WAN infrastructure + technology
- Excellent knowledge of WAN optimization and QoS products (e.g. Riverbed, Silver Peak…)
- Excellent knowledge of SD-WAN technology
- Experience in scripting and programming using open source tools (e.g. netflow, mrtg, linux, php, perl, postgresql, …)
- Knowledge of security infrastructure (e.g. internet access, firewalling, VPN, …)
- Knowledge on conferencing system (e.g. MS-Lync, CISCO Jabber,…) and telepresence system (CISCO) would be advantageous
- Management of international telecom operators
- Ability to manage projects and project teams
- Motivation and ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to work independently
- Focused on service and quality
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English language: written and oral
- Team player
- Willingness to travel