We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, passionate Windows Support Technician with practical experience of supporting a Microsoft and Apple OS X estate to join our highly skilled Infrastructure team. The team’s role is to provide, support, maintain and improve IT infrastructure services to our customers and staff.
The function of the role is twofold, firstly to provide local onsite 1st and 2nd line support to our Porto office users based on both Microsoft and Apple OS’s and second to assist with the wider systems administrative tasks across the Hostelworld Group Corporate infrastructure.
You will work with all users throughout the business to ensure any issues they have are resolved as soon as possible with as little disruption to service as possible. You should be comfortable with helping users with a mixed level of technical knowledge and will be focused on incident resolution and customer service.
You will have an eye for detail with the drive and ability to proactively identify and fix issues before they cause problems. You will have the skills necessary to troubleshoot broad reaching systems issues down to server component level and propose and implement fixes and improvements to prevent future occurrences while always having one eye on security.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acting as part of the broader systems team you will function as a primary contact for all Corporate IT issues for the local Porto office as well as assisting across other sites in the Hostelworld Group (Dublin and London)
- Managing Corporate IT incidents to resolution
- Server side monitoring and troubleshooting of corporate services
- Implementation of backend services from server build to operational readiness
- Assist in rollouts / deployments and automation of new desktop software / hardware / Operating Systems and updates within the Corporate estate
- Implement monitor and Improve all Windows Corporate Services
- Provide support for Office 365 Platform, Active Directory and associated windows Services
- Implement and verify security policy’s in line with corporate PCI requirements
- Customer Focused
- Excellent analytical / problem solving ability
- Flexible and adaptable in the approach to address business needs
- Desire to learn about cutting edge technologies and apply them to our Corporate systems
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in a Server and Desktop Support Role
- Excellent Working knowledge of Windows server 2008, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows 7 at the desktop
- Mac OS in a corporate windows environment
- Microsoft Office 2013 – 2016
- Office 365, Intune as an MDM system
- Endpoint security AV and Web control
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS , DHCP and NAP configuration and Support
- High level of experience with desktop and server hardware
- Structured cabling
- Practical experience with PowerShell and windows automation tools
- Exposure to networking technologies including switches and firewalls
- MCSE and Azure Qualifications a distinct advantage